- Envelope and sample/hold filter in one compact pedal.
- All analog signal path.
- Digital control for tap tempo and switching between envelope and random sample/hold filtering.
- Simple and easy to controls making it perfect for live use.
Proteus Sample Hold filter
Envelope and Sample Hold Filter
The Proteus mkII – Our plug and play filter, with a new design closely related to the original Filter Sample/Hold. The resonance control adds a new dimension to the effect that goes from subtle to greasy gritty synth tones. We also added an external switch allowing you to change from low-pass to band-pass filter.
The all analog filter with digital magic.
Old school analog tech still rules in the world of filter effects. At the heart of this pedal is an analog OTA based filter design similar to vintage Maestro units.
The digital portion of this pedal is used purely for controlling the analog circuit. This gives you old school analog tone with modern features like tap tempo and switching between the envelope filter and sample hold filter on the fly. The Proteus does the thinking and tinkering for you so you can get busy playing your guitar.
Tap/Mode Switch: Tapping the switch 2-4 times starts the tap tempo random arpeggiator (sample/hold.) Holding the switch down for one second reverts back to envelope filter mode.
Frequency: Filter resting point.
Depth: Filter modulation range for both envelope follower and sample hold mode.
1-2-4: Step multiplier. One, two or four steps per beat (or quarter, eighth and sixteenth notes.) Used for sample hold mode only.
LP – BP: Select low-pass or band-pass filter.
Bypass Switch: Turns the effect off or on.
Dual color LED: Lights up green when the effect is on. Red indicates the modulation of the filter letting you know if it’s in envelope or sample/hold mode even when the filter is bypassed.
Improvements / changes from the original Proteus:
- Switchable bandpass and lowpass filter.
- New design closer to the Maestro Filter Sample Hold.
- Can be powered at up to 18 volts for maximum headroom.
- Resonance knob added allows the filter to go from subtle to nasty greasy synthesizer grit.