The Prometheus is a voltage controlled 12dB filter which can be manipulated by playing dynamics or an internally generated signal.
What’s it do?
The Prometheus is everything you’ve ever wanted in a filter pedal.
* Loads of headroom.
* Reasonable size (measures about 3.7×4.7 inches).
* Highpass, Bandpass, and Lowpass filtering with adjustable intensity (resonance).
* Forward and reverse envelope following.
* Sample/Hold step filtering based on 3 different wave forms.
* No special power supplies required. Operates with a single 9 volt battery or standard 9 volt adapter.
All that and it has some “hidden features” as well.
* The LFO rate can be adjusted to run much faster than the step rate. This can be used to create very interesting arpeggiation.
* The Depth knob can push the filter cutoff frequency outside of the audio range. This can be useful to create a slow attack effect.
* The step rate can be turned up high enough for smooth modulation. This can be used to create an autofilter effect, that can sound similar to a phaser or tremolo.
* A fixed filter effect is possible by turning the depth knob down all the way, and using the Frequency knob to set the filter cutoff.
Powered by a 9 volt battery or a regulated 9VDC to 12VDC adaptor with a negative center
2.1mm barrel style plug
Power supply is not included.
If using a “daisy chain” power supply all other pedals MUST be negative ground.
Current draw is less than 15mA.
Length 4.7″ x Width 3.7″ x Height 1.2″
Input impedance: 1M
Output impedance: Less than 5K.
The Prometheus is hand made in Oregon.
Die cast metal enclosures for durability.
3PDT switches for true bypass switching.
Blue LED indicator.
Three-year limited warranty.